Taalhuis Amsterdam is looking for a concierge/location manager
Our ideal location manager is proactive, has strong communication skills, is good at working in a team and flexible to the needs of the school. The concierge takes care of the locations and makes sure that our schools are welcoming, clean and that everything is in place so that teachers and students have a smooth experience before, during and after their lessons. Our activities are organised in 4 different locations in Amsterdam.
The tasks of the location manager are:
• making sure there is coffee, tea etc.
• making sure that all teaching materials are available
• checking TV’s, printers, projectors, audio, wifi and providing assistance to teachers
• checking and coordinating the cleaning of the schools
• fixing broken lamps, locks, TV’s etc.
• preparing the spaces before special events
• contact with organisations who would (potentially) like to rent our spaces
• taking care of trash/recycling/laundry
• helping out with book delivery and pick up
• preparing and organising materials for events outside the school
• drivers licence is required
Who we are:
At Taalhuis Amsterdam we offer Greek, Arabic, Turkish, Italian, Spanish, French, Farsi, Hebrew and Dutch language courses for adults and children who want to learn a second language and want to deepen their knowledge about the language, literature, backgrounds, and culture. We are committed to guiding students along this path. In our school, you’ll find courses in which originality, authenticity, flexibility and fun are central elements. Everything we do originates from a deep love for language. To help our students in this process we follow several didactic pointers:
• a communicative and interactive method in the classes and class material
• use of target language (from class 1)
• a relaxed atmosphere in the class, where mistakes can (should) be made and where students can have a laugh
What we offer:
• a multicultural, international, stimulating working environment in a team of approximately 60 teachers and office staff
• possibility to join language courses as a student
• freelance or contract position for approximately 20 hours per week
Do you want to become our new concierge? Then we would like to get in touch. Please send your motivation and CV addressed to Myrte Jansen to email@example.com.