Taalhuis Amsterdam is looking for an inspired, dedicated native French teacher with at least 2 years experience in the field of language teaching to adults. Our ideal teacher is responsible and proactive, good at working in a team and flexible to the needs of the school. The role of a teacher is to inspire, motivate, encourage and guide learners in their learning path. A creative mind, a listening ear, strong communication skills and, of course, in-dept knowledge of the language taught are essential to this role. The candidate teacher must be available to work both on location in Amsterdam (at least one evening per week) and online. Being in possession of a certification as a foreign language teacher is a plus.
Who we are:
At Taalhuis Amsterdam we offer Greek, Arabic, Turkish Italian, Spanish, French, Farsi, Hebrew and Dutch language courses for adults and children who want to learn a second language and want to deepen their knowledge about the language, literature, backgrounds, and culture. We are committed to guiding students along this path. In our school, you’ll find courses in which originality, authenticity, flexibility and fun are central elements. Everything we do originates from a deep love for language. To help our students in this process we follow several didactic pointers:
• A communicative and interactive method in the classes and class material
• Use of target language (from class 1)
• A relaxed atmosphere in the class, where mistakes can (should) be made and where students can have a laugh
The duties of a teacher at Taalhuis Amsterdam include:
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons on location in Amsterdam or ON-line.
• Planning courses based on CEFR guidelines and levels and with a communicative, interactive approach.
• Encouraging student participation in lessons and in other school-related activities (events, cultural courses, study-trips etc.)
• Supporting the leadership team to implement the school’s development plan.
• Taking part in opportunities offerend by Taalhuis to boost your own learning and continuous professional development.
• Attending and taking part in staff meetings and open days.
What we offer:
• A very multicultural, international, stimulating working environment in a team of approximately 50 teachers.
• Didactical support by other experienced teachers and department coordinators.
• Continuous in-company training
• Possibility to join other language courses as a student
• Professional growth and development inside the team
• Different pay grades according to experience, references and titles.
Do you want to become a French teacher at Taalhuis? Then we would like to get in touch. Please send your motivation and CV directed to Myrte Jansen to email@example.com.