We’re looking for (native speaking) Arabic teachers for our Egyptian and Moroccan Arabic courses.
Our ideal teacher is mad about languages, responsible and proactive, good at working in a team and flexible to the needs of the school. The role of a teacher is to inspire, motivate, encourage and guide learners in their acquisition of the language. A creative mind, a listening ear, strong communicative skills and, of course, in-depth knowledge of Standard Arabic (FusHa) and the Egyptian and / or Moroccan dialect.
Who we are:
At Taalhuis Amsterdam we offer Arabic (MSA, Levantine, Egyptian and Moroccan dialect), Greek, Turkish, Italian, Spanish, French, Farsi, Hebrew and Dutch language courses for adults and children who want to learn a second language and want to deepen their language skills, or knowledge of literature, backgrounds, and culture. We are committed to guiding students along this path. In our school, you’ll find challenging courses in which authenticity, flexibility and speaking are central elements. A few of our didactic pointers:
- A communicative and interactive method in the classes and class material
- Use of target language (from lesson 1)
- A relaxed atmosphere in the class, where mistakes can (should) be made and where students can have a laugh
Being a language teacher at Taalhuis Amsterdam includes:
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons on location in Amsterdam or online (often in the evening).
- Planning courses based on CEFR guidelines and levels and with a communicative, interactive approach.
- Encouraging student participation in lessons and in other school-related activities (events, cultural courses, study-trips etc.)
- Taking part in opportunities offered by Taalhuis to boost your own learning and continuous professional development.
- Attending and taking part in staff meetings and open days.
What we offer:
- An international, stimulating working environment in a team of approximately 60 teachers.
- Didactical support by other experienced teachers and department coordinators.
- Professional growth and development and in-company teacher trainings
- Possibility to join other language courses for free
- A freelance position
Do you want to become an Arabic teacher at Taalhuis? Please send your motivation and CV directed to Myrte Jansen to email@example.com.